Many horses require ongoing medications for long term illnesses. Repeat prescriptions for theses medications may be given provided your animal is 'under our care', in accordance with the The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional Conduct which states we must have examined your horse for the relevant condition within the last 6 months. If you are a new client then the vet will need to examine your horse or pony before being able to issue any medications.
If you wish to obtain medications from another pharmacy a written prescription will be required. We are happy to provide this for you but, again, your horse must have been seen for the relevant condition within the 6 months. There is a small charge for written prescriptions. Please be aware a written prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an inpatient or requires immediate treatment.
We are happy to provide information on the prices of any medications should you require this.
Prescriptions will be issued if the below criteria is met:
* The animal has been seen by a Galley Hill Vet within the previous 6 months.
* A member of the Galley Hill team will contact you to take payment, prescriptions will be sent once payment is received.
* The animal is currently receiving this medication.
* The animals clinical history will be checked.
* Galley Hill retains the right to refuse any prescription requests.